STVPS Paradigm Shift :
The Sto. Tomas de Villanueva Parochial School shifts from the regular classroom instruction to the “New Normal” Flexible Distance Learning due to COVID-19 pandemic. Available materials from DepEd online educational platform supporting various learning modalities within the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) period shall be utilized. The school administration and personnel are taking a big leap in ensuring that students will continue to learn amid the challenges brought by this pandemic.
“Though the country is facing an unprecedented situation, we in DepEd are focused to fulfill our primary mandate of instilling quality basic education to our Filipino learners. We are eager to push boundaries and explore new paths so that education can still continue at the confines of our homes.”
– Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones
R.A. 7797 s. 1994
“Sec. 3. Start of the School Year. –The school year shall start on the first Monday of June but not later than the last day of August.
In the implementation of this Act, the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports shall determine the end of the regular school year, taking into consideration the Christmas and summer vacations, and the peculiar circumstances of each region.”
Unless Congress passes an amendment to this law, S.Y. 2020-2021 will begin on August 2020.
1. Health and Safety Protocols:
a. Mandatory Wearing of Face Mask – No Face Mask, No Entry
b. Spraying of Alcohol before entry to the school premises
c. Undergo mandatory Foot Bath
d. Encouraged wearing of biodegradable Hand Gloves
e. Adherence to prescribed marker for Social Distancing
d. Window Transactions only
a. Students below 21 years old
b. Persons who are 60 years old
c. Persons with immunodeficiency
d. Pregnant women
Main On-line Platform: SchoolDex
Officially enrolled students are required to provide their username and password to access SchoolDex. Modules, worksheets, video lectures and materials for learning outputs are accessible. However, the subject teacher are given the liberty to utilize various learning modalities such as, but may not be limited to, Virtual Classrooms (Facebook Group, Facebook Messenger, Google Classrooms, Zoom, etc.) Technically, due to limited student-teacher interactions, the school shall adhere to the reduction of competencies (using only essential competencies required by DepEd.)
The school will observe strict technical and media guidelines in regulating the use of the platform and the official social media. Courtesy of correspondence is desired being a Catholic Educational Institution.
a. Soft Copies – Soft copies of the modules, worksheets, video lectures and materials for learning outputs can be acquired from the school through USB’s or External Hard Drives
b. Hard Copies – Hard copies of modules, worksheets and learning output materials can be acquired from the school.
c. Textbooks – Textbooks are required to guide students and parents on the movements of the lessons. Some of the learning outputs are provided by the Textbooks.
1. Parental Intervention – Learning Modules are self-contained. It also includes instructions how learning outputs are accomplished. Parental intervention includes how students accomplish the outputs of the lessons.
“Learning for this school year is a family effort” – Rev. Fr. Nolan A. Que – CEAP Regional Trustee
2. Technical Competencies – If technical potentials and infrastructure fall short of the Flexible Distant Learning, Mode of Off-line Learning can be applied.
3. Learning Regulation – Parents partner with the school to regulate “Screen Time” of students.
There are two methods of enrollment:
1. On-Site – Parents may come to school (observing required health and safety protocols) for the enrollment of their child.
2. On-Line – Parents may visit the school’s official website following the given easy steps:
a. log-in to www.stvpasig.org
b. Download DepEd’s Learner and Enrollment Survey Form
c. Accomplish DepEd’s Learner and Enrollment Survey (save a soft copy)
d. Click “Register Now” to access the School’s Pre-Registration Form
e. Input information in each field (required *)
f. Review your answers
g. Enter the Code given
h. Click “Submit”
i. Send DepEd’s Learner and Enrollment Survey and Proof of Payment to https://www.facebook.com/stvpsadmin
3. Payment for On-Line Enrollment:
Account Name: Sto.Tomas de Villanueva Parochial School, Inc.
Account #: Security Bank 0472-027929-001
1. An email will be sent to you by SchoolDex
2. Enrollment is completed once you have submitted the DepEd’s Learner Enrollment and Survey Form and the proof of payment.
3. The Registrar will confirm your enrollment
4. Start of Enrollment:
On-line = June 2, 2020
On-site = June 2, 2020 (Monday to Friday) 9:00 o’clock a.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Monday to Friday
Flexible Distance Learning starts on August 10, 2020.